Consultation With Interior Designer Challene
Associate of Applied Science- Interior Design Degree
Practicing Since 2016
Available Consultation Types:
- On-Site Commercial Interior Design Consultation
- Interior Design Virtual Consultation
- Design Appointment Assistance With New Home Selections For Home Buyers
- In-Home General Interior Design Consultation
- In-Home Paint Color Selection Assistance
- In-Home General Remodeling Consultation
- In-Home Kitchen and Bath Remodel Consultation
- In-Home Follow-Up Consultation (requires prior consultation)
- In-Home Interior Design Implementation Session (requires prior consultation
- Shop With A Designer On-Site Appointment (requires prior consultation)
- Floor Plan Assistance Consultation
- Interior Design Assistance For Builders
Get To Know Me!
When did you realize you had a passion for your profession?
I was perusing through a college course catalog when I saw an Interior Design class and decided to take it. It was love at first class! I couldn’t get enough! I have poured my heart and soul into every class and job that I have had from that day forward.
Interior Design Professionals are typically experienced with a variety of styles. Describe your favorite spaces you have created:
- Feminine Office - One of my favorite spaces that I have ever designed is a vibrant feminine home office with a sitting area. I used a beautiful vintage floral wallpaper in soft ivory, blue, and pink tones on one accent wall and paired it with wall to ceiling historical paint color in a muted teal blue tone. The furnishings used for the space were electric and glamorous, each very unique from the next. The sitting area part of this room was my favorite. It has two luscious blue velvet chairs with a gold peacock side table along with a Moroccan style coffee table.
- Bunk Room - As an interior designer I have been trained in architectural drawings and space planning. I love taking spaces and making them functional and usable for clients. It is always fun for me to see something that I have created in my architectural programs and see them come to life in a space. I have created many kitchens, basements, and built-ins over the years, but one of my favorites has to be a bunk room. It was one large blank room that I created into a bunk room. In the end the space had four twin sized bunk beds with a fun hangout area above on a platform as well as a secret hideout area below. This home ended up winning Best Interior Design in the Parade of Homes in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Virtual Design - I have had the opportunity to work with many clients throughout the United States using virtual design. I use 2D designs, moodboards, space planning to convey designs to clients. The 2D design boards give the client the opportunity to see their room virtually before they commit to buying anything. One of my favorite designs was helping a client refresh her dining room. All new paint, wallpaper and furnishings for the space in a mid-century modern design. A medium toned clean lined wood table centered in the room with grey fabric covered wooden chairs. A funky medium blue and cream colored wallpaper in a sound wave pattern. A large oversized black and white piece of art was used as a focal point in the room. Natural linen cream colored drapes and a colorful Moroccan rug in navy orange, and yellow helped to soften the space.
- Remodel - There is nothing like taking a space and remodeling it to the needs and wants of the client. One particular remodel that I did was a condo. The space got all new flooring (hardwood and carpet), lighting, stairway railing, custom bathroom cabinetry and a total gut job to the master bathroom. The master bathroom turned out gorgeous and is, by far, my favorite room from this remodel. A dark wood porcelain flooring was a good contrast to the white 12” x 3” subway tile that was laid two thirds the way up the wall in a brick stack and a herringbone pattern above that to the ceiling. I just love that room!
Favorite places you have visited that sparked your artistic side or inspired you to design:
Swan house - a couple years back I visited Atlanta, Georgia. While there I visited the historical Swan House that was built in 1928 by a wealthy cotton broker as a house to entertain guests. This home was featured in The Hunger Games series as President Snow’s mansion. The home is spectacular! It is like a time capsule from the past; perfectly preserved through time. My favorite part of the home is the foyer and main hall area. It has a breathtaking black and white marble floor with a star themed mosaic pattern in the foyer, composite columns and a spiral staircase with gorgeous black wrought iron railings.
South Korea - One of my favorite places I have visited in South Korea is Seoraksan National Park. it is a sight to behold! The nature reserve has many buddhist temples throughout the entire park. The first of which is the Sinheungsa Temple that was built with classic Korean architecture. The wooden structures are intricately hand painted fantastical scenes in blue, greens, and orange colors. All these structures were paired with granite staircases and bridges, carved statues of dragons and buddhas. But my absolutely favorite part of the whole Seoraksan National Park that I saw was the Buddhist temple carved into the mountain halfway up one of the trails. It was a peaceful space with tiny buddhas placed throughout and intricate Korean writings etched into the granite rock. I love natural stone and using it in interiors. I can spend hours in slab yards looking at stone, not one slab is the same; they are all unique and have their own story to tell. Natural stone is inspiring to me and I love to use it in my designs.
Your top 3 favorite foods to eat if all food was equally healthy:
- Ice Cream - Cold Stone’s sweet cream with cookie dough is my absolute favorite thing to eat!
- Tomatoes - Fresh garden tomatoes.
- Chocolate milk - Lucerne Chocolate Milk is the best!
Any other languages you are fluent in?
Fun fact about you:
I own a vintage 1964 ½ Ford Mustang that I have owned for over 20 years. The vehicle is super sentimental because it was given to me by my maternal grandparents who have since passed away. I am super proud of my Mustang, she is a head turner! It is well taken care of and I have done my best to keep it original.
Consultants represent their own or other specific companies they work for. Please beware that InteriorDesignsToGo.com serves only as a consultant listing service & will not be a part of any agreement implemented as a result of any consultation booked on this website. By booking this appointment you agree to hold InteriorDesignsToGo.com harmless from the outcome of any consultation booked on this website. Please review and discuss any agreements directly with your consultant as well as their own terms, agreements, disclosures, plans, insurance, time frames, pricing on additional services & product purchased outside InteriorDesignsToGo.com website etc. It is encouraged for you to do your due diligence during the first consultation and ensure your selected consultant is a good candidate to move forward with your specific project.
Expectation Steps of Requested Booking
You may reschedule or cancel your appointment at any time prior to 48 hours before your consultation takes place. Appointment cancelled or rescheduled within 48 hours of your appointment time-frame will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee.